Older person's bus pass

If you’re a senior citizen, you’re entitled to a free off-peak travel pass under the English national Concession Travel Scheme (ENCTS).

The pass allows you to travel for free in off peak-times on buses in England (including on buses and trams in South Yorkshire). 

The scheme is operated in our area by Travel South Yorkshire.

How to apply for a pass

You can apply for a pass in person at The Information Centre in Barnsley Interchange.

To find out more, including details of replacing lost passes, you can go online to Travel South Yorkshire or call Traveline on (01709) 515151.