The aim of this course is to give you the generic transferable employability skills needed for employment. This includes skills like teamwork, communication and time management skills. It will also develop your skills in applying for jobs and interview skills.
Successful completion of this course will result in you achieving the Level 1 certificate in employability skills.
This course is ideal if you wish to develop or brush-up on your employability skills and gain the skills to confidently apply for jobs in the future.
You need to commit to 100% attendance of the three week programme, and complete the knowledge based assignments to achieve the qualification.
This course will allow you to:
- Learn with, and from, individuals working towards a similar personal goal in a safe and non-judgmental environment.
- Develop the generic transferable employability skills needed for employment.
- Recognise personal skills and qualities, and areas of required self-improvement with regard to finding future employment.
- Provide you with the skills, knowledge and competencies needed to progress onto higher levels of study.
You'll also develop the following skills for work:
- Work as part of a team, sharing your ideas and experience to complete tasks.
- Have a positive attitude to plan your own work and complete it effectively within a timeframe.
- Be able to adapt the way you work when circumstances change.
- Be resilient.
- Construct or update a high-quality CV.
- Complete an application form to increase the opportunity to be offered a job interview.
- Increase personal confidence with a practice interview in a safe and supportive environment.
- Recognise the need for punctuality and positive attendance record.
- Improve active listening skills and follow instructions accurately.
- Develop basic digital skills and confidence using office packages.
- Literacy, numeracy, and digital skills will be supported throughout the course.
Classroom based delivery with blended learning opportunities
The employability skills programme is delivered over three weeks - four days a week (Monday to Thursday), from 9.30am to 3pm.
Each session will include:
- Classroom learning, independent research, tasks, and assignments.
- Support will be given by the tutor in sessions.
- Independent and group activities throughout the course.
- Some independent working will be needed after sessions.
- Continued tutor support available via Teams for education.
What do you need?
- Large notepad and stationery (including black pens).
- Folder for loose paper handouts.
- A copy of your latest CV.
- A clear calendar to ensure 100% attendance.
- Basic IT skills would be advantageous, but not essential.
- Be interested in developing skills to move into the workplace.
- Be work ready and able to apply for employment at the conclusion of the course.
- Be able to commit to attending the full course and completing tasks between sessions.
This course is free.
How to apply for this course
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at email@example.com
- Contact us on Facebook
- Employment into job roles across various sectors.
- Progression onto other courses.
What our clients say
Without this course I'd not have the skills and confidence to do the job I do now