Have you 'clicked' yet?
Using our online services to pay for things or find information quickly will save you time and may be more convenient for you. We're continuing to develop our website so that we can offer you more services online. We have a range of online forms that you can use to apply, report or pay for something.
We've got two different social media accounts:
- for news and events, follow the Barnsley Council social media pages:
- to ask about a council service, use our Barnsley Council Help social media pages:
If you have a general enquiry and prefer to speak to someone in person, call (01226) 770770 between 9am and 5pm from Monday to Friday.
For specific enquiries about the following services, use the numbers below:
To report concerns about abuse, call the following numbers:
- call children's social care on (01226) 438830/772423 to report child abuse
- call adult social care on (01226) 773300 to report adult abuse
Out of office hours, or if your call is urgent, call our emergency duty team on 08449841800 (for both child and adult abuse).
- Finance and Benefits: contact us online or call (01226) 787787
Includes: council tax; council tax support; housing benefit; free school meals; business rates. Lines are open from 9.30am to 4.00pm, Monday to Friday.
- Adult Services: (01226) 773300
Includes: social care assessments, carers.
- Children and Family Services: (01226) 770770
Includes: school places; early years; family information service; special educational needs; children's social care; fostering and adoption; parent partnership; youth services; children in care.
- Communications and marketing team
For all press and media enquiries.
- Customer services (01226) 773555
For all other enquiries.
Make an appointment
To see someone in person, please make an appointment to come into one of our offices.
Barnsley Council, PO Box 634, Barnsley S70 9GG. If you know the name of the service, or you're writing to a particular person, please include these details before the address.
Complaints, compliments and feedback
We want to know about your experience of our services.
Please tell us when you think we’ve done a good job and when you think that we can do better.
Your comments, complaints and compliments can help us to improve the services that we provide to all of our customers.
You can find out how to make a complaint here.