Contact us

Have you 'clicked' yet?

Using our online services to pay for things or find information quickly will save you time and may be more convenient for you. We're continuing to develop our website so that we can offer you more services online. We have a range of online forms that you can use to apply, report or pay for something.  


For specific enquiries about the following services, use the numbers below:

  • Safeguarding
    To report concerns about abuse, call the following numbers:

    - call children's social care on (01226) 772423 to report child abuse
    - call adult social care on (01226) 773300 to report adult abuse

    Out of office hours, or if your call is urgent, call our emergency duty team on (01226) 787789 (for both child and adult abuse).

    If you are deaf or hearing impaired you can use our SAFE text service.

  • Finance and Benefits: includes council tax, council tax support, housing benefit, free school meals, business rates.

    You can:
    - view your council tax and benefits online
    - use our online live chat service for support and advice
    - fill in our online enquiry form
    - call (01226) 787787 (lines are open from 9am to 4pm, Monday to Friday)
  • Adult Services: Includes social care assessments, carers.
    (01226) 773300

  • Children and Family Services: Includes school places; early years; family information service; special educational needs; children's social care; fostering and adoption; parent partnership; youth services; children in care.
    (01226) 770770

  • Communications and marketing team
    For all press and media enquiries.

  • Customer services for all other enquiries.
    (01226) 773555


If you use British Sign Language you can use the SignVideo interpreting service to contact us. You can find more information about this service here.

Social media

For news and events, follow the Barnsley Council social media pages:

To ask about a council service, use our Barnsley Council Help social media pages:

A lot of our services also have their own social media pages. See the full list.

Make an appointment

To see someone in person, please make an appointment to come into one of our offices.


Barnsley Council, PO Box 634, Barnsley S70 9GG. If you know the name of the service, or you're writing to a particular person, please include these details before the address.

Complaints, compliments and feedback

We want to know about your experience of our services.

Please tell us when you think we’ve done a good job and when you think that we can do better.

Your comments, complaints and compliments can help us to improve the services that we provide to all of our customers.

You can find out how to make a complaint here.