Welcome to Barnsley SENDIASS, the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
We provide free, confidential and impartial information, advice and support to all young people and parents and carers of children and young people who:
- have; or might have; a special educational need (SEN) or disability
- are aged 0 to 25 years old
- live in the borough of Barnsley
Discover more about us and what we can offer in the about SENDIASS section below.
What are Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND)?
A child or young person has special educational needs and disabilities if they have a learning difficulty and/or a disability that means they need special health and education support.
Learn more about SEND by browsing the following websites:
- IPSEA: What are special educational needs?
- SEND Code of Practice
- Contact: Introduction to special educational needs in England
Please visit our SENDIASS coronavirus help, advice and guidance pages that can help you during the coronavirus pandemic.