Help to have your say about adult social care services

If you’re finding it hard to access any of our services or give us feedback about your experience of them, you can ask for help from an advocacy service.

Advocacy services can help you to express your views and wishes. They can help you to find advice about the services that you need.

Barnsley advocacy service

If you're using adult social services and want some help to make a complaint, or have your views heard, you can contact Cloverleaf Advocacy. They can provide a service to any vulnerable adult who is over the age of 18 and lives in Barnsley, including:

  • people with learning disabilities
  • people with physical or sensory disabilities
  • people who have mental health issues
  • older people
  • carers
  • people with autism or Asperger's

The service offers one-to-one support, as well as a mixture of advocacy groups and drop-ins that you may wish to attend. It's free, independent from us or any other group, and is confidential.

Your advocate will be able to:

  • help you access services
  • support or represent you in meetings
  • make sure you get your views or requirements across

How to use the service

If you're finding it hard to become involved in decisions about your social care or to express your wishes, we can arrange for an advocate to help you do this. They'd do it on your behalf.

You can also ask for the service yourself or on behalf of someone else. You can get in touch with Cloverleaf by:

Calling 0300 012 0412 
Visiting the Cloverleaf Advocacy website
Visiting their office at Arcadia House, Market Street, Barnsley, S70 1SN