SignVideo provides a British Sign Language (BSL) video interpreting service to help deaf BSL users in the UK communicate with hearing people. The service is free to use.
To start using the service you'll need:
- iOS device (8 or upwards), Android device (4.4 upwards), PC (i3 or above) or Mac with a webcam
- Chrome or Firefox for Windows, Safari for Mac
- Bandwidth of at least 256 kbps upload and download (384kbp/s recommended)
Please make sure that you are using the latest software version for your device to avoid any connectivity problems. If you are using this service through your phone or a tablet make sure you are connected to the internet using 4G or WiFi.
Using the service
You can use the video relay service with lots of devices including iPhone, iPad, Android phones, Android tablets, PC's or laptops with Windows and Macs.
To use the service, follow the steps below:
- Click on the button below for the SignVideo call service you want to contact.
- Once connected to a SignVideo interpreter, advise them you are calling Barnsley Council or Berneslai Homes.
- Let the interpreter know which person or department you want to connect to.
- You will then be connected and can start the conversation in BSL.