Getting help to claim benefits

You can check the GOV.UK benefits web page to find out about the benefits available to you and how to claim them.

If you’re caring for someone, check whether you’re entitled to claim Carer’s Allowance.

You can also call the Carers Trust helpline (0808 808 7777) to see if you can claim other benefits. The line's open Wednesdays and Thursdays from 10am to 12pm and 2pm to 4pm.

Support from Citizens Advice Bureau

The Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) offers free advice on a number of subjects, including benefits. Check the national CAB website and the Barnsley CAB website or call 03444 111 444 to speak to one of their advisers in person.

Other support agencies