Inspire the future workforce through the Business Education Alliance
Give back to Barnsley with opportunities for your SME to work with young people to prepare them for the world of work.
The Business Education Alliance supports collaboration between schools and employers to raise the aspirations and ambitions of Barnsley’s young people. For businesses, it is a chance to grow deeper connections in the community, increase awareness of your business and help reduce skill shortages across Barnsley.
How to get involved
You can help to provide young people with meaningful encounters with businesses, employers and employees so that they can benefit from experiences of workplaces. We have lots of opportunities for you to get involved, with various options to suit you. You could help by:
- signing up to our programme and join our network of employers in Barnsley by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- providing a video of your career profile
- hosting a virtual talk offering advice on general employability skills and the sort of qualities employers like you value
- giving a talk to students and answering career questions
- joining in with other employers in a school speed career session
- setting a short task for young people to work on to gain some experience
- joining one of our popular mock interview sessions
- taking part in mentoring sessions with students
- getting involved in CV workshops
- offering workplace visits, placements and shadowing.
When working with schools as an employer, you will be supporting careers education by sharing your insights, knowledge and experience as a positive role model for students. You will not be required to have extended knowledge of careers, and you will not be responsible for student behaviour.
This project is funded by the European Social Fund.