One Adoption South Yorkshire
We deliver adoption services as part of One Adoption South Yorkshire. We're one of three councils and a children’s services trust in the county.
The service also includes:
- Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
- Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Sheffield City Council
Our joined-up approach:
- allows children to be placed in a more timely way
- helps support you on your journey
- reaches a wider audience of potential adopters
- allows us to develop our services in a better way
- shares good practice across the region
Our staff work in our local area with children’s social work staff. They make sure that children and families are cared for and supported.
Our priorities are to:
- place children needing adoption without delay
- place children with families able to meet their needs
- streamline the assessment and approval process for people who want to adopt
Thinking about adopting?
Adoption is life changing for adults and children.
The One Adoption website has more details if you're thinking about adoption. This includes:
- who can adopt
- children who need adopting
- the adoption process
- family stories
- support for families who adopt
- information events
You might also like to visit YouCanAdopt or First4Adoption for more details and advice.
Get in touch
If you live in or near South Yorkshire and you're interested in adopting, visit the One Adoption website.
You can also contact One Adoption South Yorkshire for more details.