Can you offer a child a permanent and loving home?
We're now one of three councils and one children’s services trust in the South Yorkshire area delivering adoption services as part of One Adoption South Yorkshire.
The regional adoption service also includes:
- Doncaster Children’s Services Trust
- Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council
- Sheffield City Council
One Adoption South Yorkshire
Our joined-up approach to delivering adoption services will:
- allow children to be placed in a more timely way
- help support you on your adoption journey
- reach a wider audience of potential adopters
- enable us to develop our services more effectively
- share good practice across the region
Our adoption staff will continue to work in our local area, with children’s social work staff, to ensure continuity of care and support for children and families.
Our priorities are to:
- place children needing adoption without delay
- place children with families able to meet their needs
- streamline the assessment and approval process for people who want to adopt
Adoption is life-changing for adults and children.
One Adoption South Yorkshire provides more information for those thinking about adoption:
- who can adopt
- children who need adopting
- the adoption process
- adopter family stories
- support for families who adopt
- adoption information events
What our adopters say
The information evening was great, it helped us to understand the process and make things a lot clearer. It's a perfect starting point if you're thinking about adoption.
The best thing of all about adopting is seeing the difference you make to a child's life.
Once we'd made the decision to adopt, we went along to the information evening, it really helped us. The team were really friendly and we felt we could ask questions without feeling silly.