Barnsley Family Information Service provides free and confidential information and advice for the whole family.
The website provides a huge range of information on childcare, including:
- funded places
- help with childcare costs
- recreational activities and things to do
- how to access early help and family centres
- Barnsley’s Local Offer and much more
Barnsley Families Information Service Facebook page has regular posts about things to do, handy tips, events and much more.
We have a dedicated Family Involvement and Information Officer for Disabled Children and Young People. They provide information to families of children and young people aged 0-25 years with a special educational need, disability or complex health need.
They can offer information to families on:
- early help, family support and family centres
- a range of local and national service, including support groups, organisations and charities
- short breaks for children with disabilities, including help to apply for a short break and identify a suitable provider
- local activities/things to do
- useful addresses and contact details
- childcare, including how to access funded childcare places for two year olds in receipt of DLA
- accessing health, social care, and education services for your child
- the Children’s Disability Register
- the Local Offer – how to access this and get involved
- brokering service for parents/carers of children with disabilities looking for childcare
- events for parents/carers and young people