Welcome to the Special Educational Needs and Disabilities Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS).
We give free and neutral advice and help to all young people who need it. We also help parents and carers of children and young people who:
- have, or might have, a special educational need or disability (SEND)
- are aged 0 to 25 years old
- live in the borough of Barnsley
You can find out more about us and what we can offer in the about SENDIASS section.
What is SEND?
A child or young person has SEND if they have a learning difficulty. It could also be a disability that means they need special health and education support.
Learn more about SEND by browsing the websites:
- IPSEA: What are special educational needs?
- SEND Code of Practice
- Contact: Introduction to special educational needs in England
SENDIASS Annual Report 2023
You can read our SENDIASS annual report for 2023 to see what we've been working on.