Depending on your child's needs, it may be beneficial for them to attend a specialist school.

Typically an Education, Health and Care Plan (EHCP) will be needed to be considered for a place at a specialist school.

You can find information on what provision is available in the local area in Barnsley's SEND Local Offer.

You can also browse the following websites:

Contact the EHC Team to request a particular school to begin the consultation process.

What to do if your specialist school request is refused?

You can challenge the decision made by submitting an application for appeal to the SEND Tribunal.  You can access the SEND35A form on the SEND tribunal website.

Please contact us if you would like help and support with the appeal.

What to do if you're sent an admissions form

Every family will be asked by Barnsley school admissions to select a preference for a particular school. If you or your child has an EHCP, the EHCP takes priority over the normal admissions process. You can state a preference for a specialist school when the EHC plan is reviewed.