We believe that everyone has a right to feel safe and to live without fear of abuse, neglect or exploitation.
Our priority is to protect adults who live in the borough, promote their wellbeing, and reduce the risk of harm for those with care and support needs.
Some adults are less able to protect themselves than others and some have difficulty making their wishes and feelings known. If you feel you're being mistreated, harmed or abused, or you know someone who is, speak up - we're here to help.
Who needs help to keep safe?
Adults over the age of 18 who:
- need care and support
- are elderly and frail
- have a physical/learning disability or sensory impairment
- have a long term illness, such as cancer
- have mental health needs (depression/paranoia/dementia/personality disorder)
- have a substance/alcohol addiction
- are unable to make choices for themselves
We want to make sure that Barnsley's a safe place for children and young people to grow up. Find out about keeping children and young people in Barnsley safe from harm.