Religious education (RE) is not part of the national curriculum, but schools have to teach it by law.
We have to produce an agreed RE syllabus. This is to advise schools in Barnsley what they should teach pupils in the subject of RE.
The agreed syllabus has to be reviewed and updated every five years. Our agreed syllabus was first published in 2010. It was reviewed in 2015 and 2020.
Barnsley's agreed syllabus 2010-20
- 0.1 Foreword from the Executive Director of Children's Services
- 0.2 Foreword from the Chairperson of Barnsley SACRE
- 0.3 Contents
- 0.4 Copyright details
1. Local agreed syllabus
- 1.1 Introduction from the Chair of the Agreed Syllabus Conference
- 1.2 Membership of Barnsley SACRE
- 1.3 Committees and the conference
5. Frameworks for teaching RE
- 5.1 Using the frameworks
- 5.2 Guidance to develop RE in the early years foundation stage (EYFS)
- 5.3 Christian faith
- 5.4 Hindu Dharma
- 5.5 Islam
- 5.6 Jewish faith
- 5.7 Sikh Dharam
- 5.8 The way of the Buddha