Tingle your taste buds...
The Flavours Food Festival comes to Barnsley from Thursday 19 to Sunday 22 May!
Packed full of exciting stalls and live entertainment, it promises to be an action-packed weekend for foodies and families alike.
Experience flavours from Italy to Asia at the wide range of street food vendors including focaccia, Turkish kebabs and Gyoza dumplings!
Browse the independent traders to purchase regional cheese, gin and much more.
- Thursday 19 May - 10am to 6pm
- Friday 20 and Saturday 21 May - 10am to 8pm
- Sunday 22 May - 10am to 5pm
Food and drink
- Barnsley Brew – Barnsley Brew tea blends, tea accessories, loose leaf tea & tea bags coffee.
- Big Mouth Gyoza – Big Mouth Gyoza is Yorkshire’s only street food business specialising in Japanese dumplings (Gyoza). All gyoza are handmade from pastry to filling in a Yorkshire Dales kitchen & all meat used is 100% bred and butchered in Yorkshire.
- Bottle & Co Mapplewell – Craft Beer, real ales cans, bottles and on draught.
- Churros Barcelona – Spanish Churros freshly baked to order served with a selection of favourite dips, choose from hot truffa milk chocolate or vegan dark chocolate, salted caramel also vegan, dulce de leche or simply sugar and cinnamon.
- Castle Hill Gin – Small batch original and flavoured gin, handcrafted in Huddersfield.
- Daddy Cools Chilli Sauce – chilli sauce, jam, pickle, chutney, rubs, cooking sauce, biltong and chocolate.
- Fresh Olives – olives, Turkish delights, baklava and samosas.
- Hey Sweetheart Sweetshop – pick & mix sweets and chocolates, fudge (traditional and handmade), American candy and cans of fizzy pop.
- Howey Nichols – Kin toffee vodka, rum liqueurs, port, spiced winter rum and gin.
- Istanbul Grill – Authentic Turkish street food charcoal BBQ, marinated skewer kebab (chicken and lamb wrap), tornado twisted potato, qabulee (cooked rice with lamb), spicy curries (chicken and lamb with chef’s special herbs), grilled cheeseburger, soft drinks, marinated olives, Turkish delight, baklava and spiced nuts.
- Jar Bar – artisan pizza and Greek gyros.
- Khao Niew Thai Cafe – chicken spring roll, pork skewers, Thai fish cakes, chicken pad kra pow stir fry and yellow noodle stir fry.
- La Focaccia – focaccia with different toppings, calzone with different fillings, artisan neapolitan panini, mini cannoli and apolline.
- Pavillion Barnsley – Beer, wine, spirits and soft drinks from the very popular Barnsley based venue.
- Pickled Porker Smoke House – British Street Food Awards for the North Finalist! Serving applewood smoked pulled pork, hickory-smoked brisket, smoked house burgers, smoke house tapas, rosemary and sea salt roasties, and skinny fries. Free range, locally reared Yorkshire produce.
- Procters Cheeses – Own produced small waxed cheeses (kick-ass strong cheddar) ranging from mellow to mature & fiery!
- Sweet Sisters Cakery – Barnsley based company selling blondies, brownies, shortbread, flapjack, rocky road, cookie dough scotch creme eggs and cookie pies.
- Shaw Meats – cured meats and salami, seasonal game products, gluten-free products and dry-aged steaks.
- The Mac Shac – Unique, baked on site mac and cheese with a range of toppings including vegetarian dishes and smokey bacon crumb with maple syrup.
- YoGo Bar – Two flavours of delicious frozen yoghurt, natural and raspberry with the option to mix. Choose between 14 different toppings, from sweets to chocolate, fresh fruit and granola, finished off with a homemade sauce.
- Yorkshire Dama Cheese – Small artisan producer of Yorkshire squeaky cheese, now available in 9 flavours, also making yoghurt, butter, labneh (a spreadable yoghurt), ricotta and queso blanco cheese and halloumi rolls.
- Barkelicious – proper treats for top-notch dogs. Meaty, natural and gluten-free dog chews that go down a treat.
- Glittergem Face and Body Art – face painting, festival glitter, gems hair braiding and temporary tattoos.
- Guide Dogs – fundraising for guide dogs.
- Pure Indulgence Soaps – handmade bath, body products & home fragrance inc soaps, soap-filled sponges, bath bombs, bath fixers, wax melts, candles, melt warmers & home fragrance.
- Through Rose’s Eyes – wall art prints.
- Working for Wildlife – fundraising for the WWF.
Visitors will also be inspired to release their inner chef with mouth-watering food demonstrations from our local market traders and eateries. You can also pick up a copy of the Barnsley Larder Cook Book which features their recipes and, don’t forget, you can get all the ingredients you need from Barnsley Market.
Whilst here, we encourage you to explore Barnsley’s already outstanding food and drink offer including the stunning Market Kitchen which features a wide variety of food outlets to tempt you such as the TikTok famous Dolly’s Ice Cream, Thai food and more!
Restaurants and bars
Why not try out some of our local restaurants and bars too? If you’re looking for a unique experience, try Evoo, a barzzeria with wood-fired Neapolitan pizzas. Or, if you’re hoping to find a hidden treasure, Passion Food Restaurant is a cosy establishment offering excellent Polish food.
Beer, cocktails, and coffee trails
You can also explore Barnsley’s pubs, bars, and cafés with quality, pocket-sized trail maps! Pick them up for free from customer service points in the indoor market, Lightbox, Town Hall, or the Alhambra Shopping centre or download the trail maps from our website.
Visit the 10 venues featured on the maps and collect a stamp from a staff member when you pay your bill. Bring the completed panel and redeem at the prize stall at the Flavours Food and Drink Festival.
Stay in touch
You can sign up to the Love Barnsley town centre newsletter to keep up-to-date with the latest news and events.