If your main business is buying and selling second-hand goods then you must apply for a second-hand dealer registration certificate which lasts for 3 years. There is a fee of £16.50 for registration.
You do not need to register if your business is any of the following:
- charitable organisation
- scrap metal dealer
- motor vehicle dealer
- dealer in bulk waste paper, cardboard, textiles or plastic
- you are a licensed credit or hire business
- your main business is in new unused goods and you sometimes sell second hand goods
How to apply
- If you are applying to register a limited company, please give the name and registered office of the company
- Only include premises in the Barnsley area where you deal in second hand goods
- Make sure you provide your postcode
- Pay the fee of £16.50, please see our how to pay section below
Contact us if you need help to fill the form in.
Please return your application to:
PO Box 634
How to pay
You can pay by debit or credit card by calling (01226) 773743. Check our pay page to see which cards we accept.