Why not promote your business in Barnsley town centre or at one of our surrounding districts, Wombwell or Penistone?
We've got a great range of promotional pitches in and around the pedestrianised retail core, all within high footfall areas.
Our town centre team is on-hand to help you decide which space would be more suitable for your activities and target audience.
Download the complete guide to promoting your business in Barnsley town centre (including fees and pitch locations).
Promotional event space uses
Our promotional event spaces are suitable for the following events:
- Company product promotion
- Art/culture event
- Food/drink promotions (samples sip or bite size)
- Charity event
- Market research
How to book
In the first instance, we would recommend you contact us to check availability and discuss your requirements. If you already have a date in mind, we may be able to make you a provisional booking, contact us at: TownCentre@barnsley.gov.uk
Simply complete our online application form below. Make sure you upload a copy of your public liability insurance and any other supporting documents we may have requested.
We may ask you for further information such as a risk assessment if your event is particularly large or complex.
Finally, we will issue you with a formal written consent and permit, along with a copy of our conditions of use and you are then good to go!
Things to think about
- The weather - all our pitches are outside and uncovered.
- Access - being located in and around the main high street, some of our sites are not accessible to vehicles or have restrictions on when you can come and go.
- Being a good neighbour - we ask that you keep any noise to an acceptable level.
- Power - this is not available at any of our pitches. Use of generators will need permission from us prior to booking.
Conditions of use and cancellations
- You'll need to comply with the Council's Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies.
- For full details and cancellation terms, please read our conditions of use.
Buskers and street performers
We welcome the buzz that buskers and street performers can bring to our town centre. You don't need a licence to busk or perform, but we ask you to comply with a code of conduct for buskers and street performers to consider the needs of others nearby.
If you've got any questions, or want to organise a large event, please contact us.