Choose your space
Looking for a place to promote your business?
We've got a great range of suitable spaces in the town centre, as well as spaces in Wombwell and Penistone. In the town centre you can also book for mobile promotions in a given area, e.g. for handing out leaflets.
Hire fees apply to all sites, but if you're a registered charity or voluntary sector organisation we may be able to offer you a reduced rate.
All the spaces are close to busy retail areas and suitable for a wide range of events. We'll work with you to find the perfect pitch for your needs.
Promotional space details and costs
We can offer a choice of spaces suitable for a wide range and size of events. All spaces are in the new pedestrian retail heart of the town centre with high footfall. Costs for pitches range from £100 per day based on pitch size. Contact us to discuss your needs.
Roaming within an allocated area (for distributing leaflets etc.) costs £15 per person per day.
In Penistone our large promotional space is next to the Market Barn, between the High Street and Tesco car park. It's available for hire every Thursday and Saturday, when the barn hosts the local market.
The pitch is suitable for vehicles and exhibition trailers. It costs £30 per day to hire.
In Wombwell our popular promotional pitch is right at the centre of the busy High Street. A street market is held every Tuesday, Friday and Saturday, and our space is available for hire Monday to Saturday.
The pitch is 3 x 3m and costs £65 per day. It is not suitable for vehicles.
How to book
- Contact us to discuss the kind of space you need. If you have a date in mind, you can make a provisional booking.
- Fill in our booking form and return it with proof of your public liability insurance, if required, and any other related documents or permits.
- If your event is large or complex we might ask you for more details, such as a risk assessment.
- Once approved, we'll send you a formal written confirmation of your booking and you're good to go!
- We'll continue to work with you to make sure your event's a success. We'll advise about parking, getting rid of litter, and access to and from the site.
- On the day of the event a town centre ambassador will visit you to check with you that everything's going to plan.
Things to think about
- The weather - all our spaces are outside and uncovered.
- Access - being located in and around the main high street, some of our sites are not accessible to vehicles or have restrictions on when you can come and go.
- Power - this is not available at any of our spaces. Use of generators will need permission from us prior to booking.
- Being a good neighbour - we ask that you keep any noise to an acceptable level.
- Cash collections - these are only allowed for charity. You'll need to apply online for a permit to collect money in the street for charity once you've provisionally booked your space.
- Permits - you'll need to get any necessary permits before your booking can be confirmed. Please talk to our team.
Conditions of use and cancellations
- You'll need to comply with the Council's Equal Opportunities and Health and Safety policies.
- For full details and cancellation terms, please read our Terms and Conditions.
Buskers and street performers
We welcome the buzz that buskers and street performers can bring to our town centre. You don't need a licence to busk or perform, but we ask you to comply with a code of conduct to consider the needs of others nearby.
If you've got any questions, or want to organise a large event, please contact us.