Help to set up a business in Barnsley
Enterprising Barnsley is the council's economic development arm and offers a wide range of free support to private sector investors moving to Barnsley. We support existing business owners wanting to expand as well as entrepreneurs launching start-up ventures. Whether you want to set up a new business; grow your existing Barnsley business or relocate your company to the borough, Enterprising Barnsley can help with:
- guidance and support to find commercial sites and premises
- support to access available financial assistance
- recruitment advice
- guidance on employee training issues
- access to free business coaching, networking and speaker-led events.
Information and analysis
For businesses, community and voluntary groups, we can provide help with:
- development information
- labour and property market analysis
- economic monitoring.
Land and property enquiries
Read our information on Council owned land and property if you are interested in renting or purchasing business space from us.