Help to set up a business in Barnsley
Enterprising Barnsley is the council's economic development arm and offers a wide range of free support to private sector investors moving to Barnsley. We support existing business owners wanting to expand as well as entrepreneurs launching start-up ventures. Whether you want to set up a new business; grow your existing Barnsley business or relocate your company to the borough, Enterprising Barnsley can help with:
- guidance and support to find commercial sites and premises
- support to access available financial assistance
- recruitment advice
- guidance on employee training issues
- access to free business coaching, networking and speaker-led events.
Information and analysis
For businesses, community and voluntary groups, we can provide help with:
- development information
- labour and property market analysis
- economic monitoring.
Land and property enquiries
Please read our information about council owned land and property if you are interested in renting or purchasing business space from us.
You can find out more about our services for businesses on the Enterprising Barnsley website, or contact us by:
Calling: 01226 787535