About Healthy Barnsley
Keeping ourselves and our families well is the key to living great and happy lives.
we're united by a shared sense of pride in the borough. Where we look after and support each other.
Loving where you live has a big impact on your physical and mental wellbeing. Everyone can enjoy the borough’s great cultural attractions, community groups, leisure facilities and outdoor spaces.
People can also access all the care and support they need, at the right time and in the right place.
- Everyone is able to enjoy a life in good physical and mental health.
- Fewer people live in poverty, and everyone has the resources they need to look after themselves and their families.
- People can access the right support, at the right time and place and are able to tackle problems early.
- Our diverse places are welcoming, supportive and resilient.
How we'll achieve our ambitions together...
Barnsley 2030 Board commitments
- Work as a partners to drive forward an joint local healthcare system.
- Develop services that supports people to get help early.
- Empower local people to build capacity and resilience.
What businesses and organisations can do
- Provide shared services to meet the needs of local people.
- Work together to share best practice and knowledge.
- Support and empower people to have a healthy and active lifestyle.
- Create inclusive, quality job options which offer positive work and life balances.