Although large-scale emergencies and incidents are rare, it’s important we have plans and procedures in place just in case. We work on a regular basis with the emergency services, NHS and voluntary organisations to identify potential incidents and make sure we know how to respond to them.
The main role of our major incident response is to:
- provide support to emergency services
- maintain day to day services (where possible)
- provide short and long term care to those affected
- deliver assistance across the region, if necessary
- co-ordinate the response of organisations other than the emergency services, such as the voluntary sector.
- rehabilitate the community and restore the environment back to normality as quickly as possible.
We are part of the South Yorkshire Resilience Forum, a partnership of public, private and voluntary organisations within the region.
You can contact us by filling in our online form on this webpage.
Please don't use this form to report an emergency in a Berneslai Homes property. You should instead call their Repairs Hotline on (01226). 787878. If the repair isn't an emergency you can report online to Berneslai Homes.
Preparing yourself for emergencies
You can prepare yourself and your family for emergencies by:
- writing a list of important contact numbers
- making sure everyone knows how to evacuate the house, and creating meeting points
- checking you know how to turn off your gas, electricity and water supplies
- learning some basic first aid
- gathering a set of emergency provisions in your home
- contact Berneslai Homes for repairs to one of their properties
You can find information on preparing your home, business and community for emergencies on GOV.UK.