Our council is structured into five directorates:
- Children's Services
- Core Services
- Growth and Sustainability
- Place Health and Adult Social Care
- Public Health and Communities
Sarah Norman is the Chief Executive of Barnsley Council. Sarah leads our senior management team (SMT).
Our SMT is responsible for making sure that policies approved and decisions made by councillors are implemented effectively. Issues that go to the SMT that need a political decision then go onto Cabinet. Where needed, these will also go onto a meeting of Full Council.
You can find an overview of our leadership team below.
You can contact Sarah Norman by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Children’s Services – Executive Director
• Children’s Social Care and Safeguarding - Service Director TBC.
• Education, Early Start and Prevention – Nina Sleight (Service Director).
Executive Director TBC
Core Services - Executive Director
• Business Improvement, HR and Communication – Michael Potter (Service Director).
• Customer, Information and Digital Services – David Robinson (Service Director).
• Financial Services – Neil Copley (Service Director).
• Law and Governance and Chief Monitoring Officer - Sukdave Ghuman (Service Director).
Growth and Sustainability – Executive Director
• Environment and Transport – Paul Castle (Service Director).
• Regeneration and Culture – Kathy McArdle (Service Director).
Place Health and Adult Social Care - Executive Director
• Adult and Wellbeing – Julie Chapman (Service Director).
• Commissioning and Integration - Andrew Osborn (interim Service Director).
Public Health and Communities – Executive Director
• Public Health – Carrie Abbott (Service Director).
• Stronger, Safer and Healthier Communities – Phil Hollingsworth (Service Director).