This page shows the levels of deprivation in Barnsley, measured by the Indices of Multiple Deprivation (IMD) 2019. The IMD is published by Communities for Local Government. It gives a method for measuring deprivation across England and monitoring the gap between the most deprived areas.
The IMD combines data from seven areas to show an overall measure:
- education, skills and training
- health and disability
- barriers to housing and services
- living environment
Reducing levels of deprivation and inequality has a vital part to play in the continued improvement of Barnsley.
- Indices of multiple deprivation borough overview (2019)
- Borough infographic (2019)
- Interactive dashboard (2019)