Who we are
Barnsley Youth Councillors represent the young people within their schools and campaign on the issues that matter to young people the most. They run drop-in sessions in their areas where you can raise issues and find out more.
The youth councillors are elected every two years in February. Anyone aged 13 and above can stand for election in their school or college. All young people aged 11 to 19 can vote in the election and get involved in campaigns or attend drop-ins.
At the moment, the youth councillors are:
- Alyssa Butler - Chair of local committee, deputy MYP, deputy chair of National campaigns committee
- Abigail Finnigan - Secretary for public profile and monitoring and policy committee
- Brandon Green - MYP, chair of regional committee and newly appointed UKYP PG
- Daniel James - longest standing member of Barnsley Youth Council, Deputy chair for regional campaigns committee
- Dominic Jones - MYP, chair of public profile committee, deputy chair for monitoring and policy committee secretary for regional campaigns committee
- Tyler Littlewood - Deputy chair for public profile committee, secretary for regional and national campaigns committees
- Parish Trevy - Chair of Monitoring and Policy committee, deputy chair of local campaigns committee
Where to find us
Drop ins are once a week at lunchtimes or breaks in your local school.
Please ask a member of staff in your school to find out when and where these take place.
You can also contact us online from this page or using our social media links below to find out how to get involved with the drop ins at your school.