We work closely with a number of friends groups to keep our parks and their facilities in good condition so that you can enjoy them, including:
- cutting grassed areas every five weeks
- weeding and pruning shrub and flower beds
- removing litter
- planting during spring and summer
- inspecting play equipment
- providing and emptying litter bins
- removing glass and harmful objects like discarded needles
We're also responsible for maintaining recreational grounds, other public open spaces and roadside verges.
We don't cut grass that's privately owned and no longer maintain some grassed areas, including bankings and areas of low use where grass cutting is not necessary.
You can help us look after our parks and open spaces by reporting any issues, using our online forms: