In some parts of Barnsley, we have separate lanes that only buses, and sometimes cyclists, can use.
You can find them at:
- Wombwell Lane, Stairfoot
- Doncaster Road, Stairfoot
- Harborough Hill Road approaching Twibell Street
- Wakefield Road/Burton Road
- Wakefield Road/Laithes Lane (each direction)
- Harborough Hill Road approaching Alhambra Roundabout
Buses have fitted sensors that trigger the traffic lights when they're entering a bus lane. This then gives the bus priority over other traffic.
You can find push buttons for cyclists at the traffic lights on some bus lanes. These work the same as the sensor on a bus, giving the cyclist priority.