Our annual report gives us an overview of our customer complaints and compliments received from 2022 to 2023. The report provides valuable insight into what customers have told us about their experiences and expectations of the services they have received.
Key highlights from the report include:
- We’ve seen an increase in the total number of compliments reaching 452 in comparison to 414 in the previous year, reflecting the satisfaction and positive experiences of customers with the services provided.
- There has been a significant decrease in the number of complaints received, with a total of 406 down from 712 in the last year.
- There has also been a decrease in the number of complaints progressing to the next stage of our procedures.
- 96% of our complaints have met corporate and statutory timescales for completion.
- We have taken steps to address customer concerns and learn from their experiences. We’ve upheld 267 complaints, with 131 fully upheld and 136 partially upheld. These acknowledge that there has been fault or some degree of fault in our actions.
- The number of complaints received from the Local Government and Social Care Ombudsman has decreased by 8.
Cllr Robin Franklin, Cabinet Spokesperson for Core Services, said: “We’re pleased that last year, the number of compliments we’ve had has increased and complaints have decreased.
“We’re continuously improving our services by learning from people’s experiences and listening to what they are telling us, alongside managing their expectations. Their feedback provides us with opportunities to develop and grow.
“This report demonstrates that we’ve worked hard to improve our performance and highlights our commitment to prioritising and addressing complaints across our services.”
You can read the Annual Complaints and Compliments Report - April 2022 to March 2023 on our website.