This course will enable you to:
Work on your wellbeing to improve your mental health and confidence. It will allow you to be more independent and access further learning, support, and activities in your community or employment. The course will include discussions, group tasks and a range of creative activities. These will support you to gently step out of your comfort zone. They'll also help you learn what you can do to improve your wellbeing and experience activities that might help.
You'll also develop the following skills for work:
Local employers in Barnsley have put together a list of skills they like their employees to have. As part of your learning with us, you will be developing the following skills:
- Problem solving skills – you will be practising skills to solve every day problems
- Team working skills – you’ll be connecting with other learners in your group
- Communication – you’ll develop your communication skills by working with others in your group.
- Digital skills – you will discover how digital skills and support your progress
- Resilience – you’ll discover the importance of bouncing back after coping with challenges.
- Reliability – regular attendance will help you get the most out of your course
Courses run for five weeks and are two hours per week. You’ll also be able to contact your tutor between sessions for support.
Courses run every half term so you'll not have to wait long for a start date.
There are no formal entry requirements.
This course is free.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at email@example.com
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
There are several courses within our Wellbeing provision. Once you've completed this one, you might move on to another. Join a creative wellbeing course or work with us to look at your next steps in learning or work.