This course will enable you to:
Work on your wellbeing to improve your mental health and confidence. It will help you to be more independent and access further learning, support and activities in your community or employment. The course will include:
- Group tasks.
- A range of creative activities.
We'll support you to gently step out of your comfort zone. You'll also learn what you can do to improve your wellbeing and experience activities that might help.
You'll also develop the following skills for work:
Local employers in Barnsley have put together a list of skills they like their employees to have. As part of your learning with us, you'll be developing the following skills:
- Problem solving skills. You'll be practising skills to solve every day problems.
- Team working skills. You’ll be connecting with other learners in your group.
- Talking. You’ll develop your skills by working with others in your group.
- Digital skills. You'll discover how digital skills can support your progress in wellbeing.
- Resilience. You’ll discover the importance of bouncing back after coping with challenges.
- Being reliable. Regular attendance will help you get the most out of your course.
Courses run for five weeks and are two hours per week. You’ll also be able to contact your tutor between sessions for additional support.
- Week 1 – What brings you sunshine? (Collage activity)
- Week 2 – Routine and wellbeing (Sensory activity)
- Week 3 – Building a positive mindset (Positive Thinking focus)
- Week 4 – Mindful activities (Mindful walking)
- Week 5- Next steps (Creative writing activity)
Courses run every half term so you will not have to wait long for a start date.
There are no formal entry requirements.
This course is free
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
There are several courses within our wellbeing provision. Once you have completed one, you might move on to another, or join a creative wellbeing course. You could also work with us to look at next steps in learning or work.
What our learners say
I've enjoyed making new friends and I've learnt to ask for help. I now feel lots better about myself.