This course will help you improve your ability to talk, listen, read and write in English. It's ideal for you if you have some limited English skills and English is your second language. You'll learn in friendly and supportive classes taught by our experienced teachers who specialise in working with adults.
This course will help you to:
- Gain confidence
- Communicate better in your daily life
- Complete everyday tasks in English
- Apply for further study
Improve your speaking and listening skills so that you can:
- Listen and respond
- Speak to communicate
- Engage in discussion
Improve your reading skills so that you can:
- Read and understand
- Read and obtain information
Improve your writing skills so that you can:
- Write to communicate
You'll gain more skills as you progress through the levels. For example, at Entry Level 1 you'll learn about simple sentences. At Entry Level 2 you'll learn about compound sentences. At Entry Level 3 you'll learn about complex sentences.
Throughout your course you'll focus on:
- Study skills
- Skills for work
You'll study topics that are relevant to you, to help you gain confidence and improve your English, including:
- Me and my health
- British culture
- Communication at work
- Travel and transport
- Hobbies and interests
- Finding a job
- sport and keeping fit
You'll also build the following skills for work:
- Working as part of a team
- Being positive
- Working to deadlines
- Following instructions correctly
- Learning from setbacks
- Develop digital skills
- You'll attend two classes x 2.5 hours per week with a specialist ESOL tutor.
- There are face to face sessions for the beginner levels and a mix of face to face and online teaching for higher levels.
- All learners will have access to online learning.
- There will be at least one hour of homework required to be completed per week.
Examinations take place at the end of each module
Learners will need to have completed the Adult Skills and Community Learning initial assessment. The level that you study at will be determined by your initial assessment results.
The cost per module is £203.40, however you may be entitled to fee remission/fee reduction depending on your individual circumstances, contact us for more information.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
On successful completion of this accredited ESOL qualification you'll get a certificate from the awarding body. You'll have the chance to progress on to another ESOL course at the next level. Course length is tailored to individual needs, but most learners take one academic year to complete a full level of three modules.
Your tutor will discuss your options with you at the end of your course. You can also attend an impartial Information Advice and Guidance support session to help you plan your next steps. This will help you progress in your day-to-day life, into or at work.