This course will help you improve your ability to talk, listen, read and write in English. It's suitable for you if you're a beginner and English is your second language.
This course will help you:
- Gain confidence
- Communicate better in your daily life
- Complete everyday tasks in English
Improve your speaking and listening skills so that you can:
- Listen and respond to simple requests
- Follow simple step instructions
- Speak clearly to be heard and understood
Improve your reading skills so that you can:
- Better recognise words, signs and symbols
- Follow simple narratives on familiar topics
- Decode simple, regular words
Improve your writing skills so that you can:
- Construct a simple sentence
- Spell familiar words correctly
- Use basic punctuation
Throughout your course you'll focus on:
- Study skills
- Skills for work
You'll study topics that are relevant to you to help you gain confidence and improve your English.
You'll also develop the following skills for work:
- Working as part of a team
- Being positive
- Working to deadlines
- Following instructions correctly
- Learning from setbacks
- Develop digital skills
- You'll attend two classes x 2.5 hours per week with a specialist ESOL tutor.
- These sessions are face to face.
- You'll have access to online learning.
- There'll be at least one hour of homework required to be completed per week.
You'll have already completed an initial assessment with Adult Skills and Community Learning. The level that you study will be determined by your assessment results.
The cost per term on the pre-entry ESOL course is £180, however you may be entitled to fee remission/fee reduction depending on your individual circumstances. Contact us for more information.
How to apply
- Contact us online
- Call us on (01226) 775270
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Like us on Facebook and send us a message
On successful completion of this pre-entry course, you will have the opportunity to progress on to another ESOL course at the next level. Your tutor will discuss your options with you at the end of your course.
What our learners say
I had a really good teacher which meant I found everything very easy. Most importantly, I've gained the confidence to speak.
Enrolling in the ESOL class was the best decision. I made great progress since I started the class.