This course is suitable for learners who want:
- a formal functional maths qualification
- to become more confident in working with numbers
- to demonstrate your maths skills on a CV to an employer
- to progress on to further education
The course varies in length, but most learners take 36 weeks to complete one level and attend once a week for 2.5 hours.
You'll improve your maths skills within a small group of learners working towards the same qualification.
Topics might be:
- fractions, decimals and percentages
- calculating with money and measures
- using shapes to solve everyday problems
- graphs and charts
Functional maths courses are free.
How to apply
Contact us online for more information or to book your place.
What you can do next
Gaining a formal qualification can help you to progress in work or go on to further education.
What our learners say
The tutor made me feel comfortable in class. I gained more confidence to have a go at maths problems. The tutor met my learning needs. I feel more confident at maths.
Friendly and helpful,relaxed learning environment. Good supportive tutor.
I enjoyed everything in the course. Great tutor, friendly people.