Training for PAs
The standards covered in the Care Certificate are:
- Understand your role
- Your personal development
- Duty of care
- Equality and diversity
- Work in a person-centred way
- Privacy and dignity
- Fluids and nutrition
- Awareness of mental health, dementia and learning disabilities
- Safeguarding adults
- Safeguarding children
- Basic life support
- Health and safety
- Handling information
- Infection prevention and control
Other courses needed to register as a PA with us are:
- Emergency first aid
- People moving people
Both of these courses are theory and practical skills sessions.
Other training may also be supported if this can support an employer.
Once you become a PA you’ll be able to take other courses. These may include:
- further safeguarding children and/or adults training
- resolving conflict
- epilepsy awareness and rescue medication
You'll be able to see a range of learning you can do online in the POD portal.
You need to make sure your training is always kept up to date. If your training lapses, this could affect your status as an approved PA.
For more details about training please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (01226) 772425.