Recognised provider list (RPL)
The recognised provider list (RPL) lets adults looking for packages of care and support in Barnsley choose from a list of providers that follow a clear quality framework.
To have recognised provider status and the quality mark, providers must meet a set of minimum standards. Once approved, they can use the quality mark on their promotional material. It will also be shown on their entry in the Live Well Barnsley directory.
Being included on the RPL doesn’t represent a contract with the council. It also doesn’t allow for direct purchases from the council to providers. The RPL is for adults needing services who are either:
- in receipt of a direct payment, including supported managed accounts (SMA)
- private self-funders
To apply for RPL status and the quality mark, providers must meet several standards. These include having:
- clear agreements with customers
- a welcoming approach to customer comments and complaints
- considerate and respectful conduct of staff and volunteers
- a robust adult safeguarding policy
Having the RPL quality mark means providers:
- have met our standards
- will be checked on a regular basis
- will aim to provide a quality service
Apply to be included on the RPL
Providers can apply that offer care packages and support to:
- older people
- learning or physically disabled adults
- adults with a sensory impairment
- mental health service users
- other adults in Barnsley
Providers who aren't based in Barnsley can still apply, but we'd expect them to provide a service to clients in Barnsley before we'd award them the logo. This doesn't stop them from registering their services on the Live Well Barnsley directory. Find out about adding a service to Live Well Barnsley.
Residential care homes can't apply to be included on the RPL for private residential care. However, they can apply if they offer support packages such as day services and respite care. If successful, only these services will be included.
If providers develop new services after their initial assessment, they'll need to re-apply to include the new services.
If successful, providers need to agree that they'll:
- continue to deliver packages of care and support within specific quality standards
- follow the appropriate policies and procedures
- comply with our monitoring requirements
If a provider’s service is outside the remit of the RPL, they could still be added to Live Well Barnsley. Find out about adding a service to Live Well Barnsley.
How to apply
The RPL is currently closed to new applications until further notice.
Inclusion on the RPL isn't and doesn't constitute a recommendation or award for services by us.
For more details, get in touch by filling in our online enquiry form.