We are putting additional resources into the Local Welfare Assistance scheme, which helps people who are in financial crisis due to an emergency or other unexpected circumstances.
This is a one-off investment as a result of the pandemic and will not be available on an ongoing basis. The current scheme has been adapted to provide support for those whose financial situation has been affected by COVID-19 and are now out of cash for essentials for their household. Cash payments will only be made in exceptional circumstances.
It can provide:
- food from foodbanks
- household items for people setting up a new home after a period of living in an institutional setting, or following an unforeseen, unfortunate event
Local welfare assistance is a discretionary scheme for people with no alternative support or assistance available to meet their need.
Who can apply
To be considered for assistance you must be:
- living in Barnsley and be a tenant, joint tenant or owner occupier of the address where you live
- legally resident in the UK
- aged 16 or over, have no one receiving child benefit for you and not be in full time education
- experiencing financial hardship as a direct result of COVID-19
- You do not have enough resources to meet your immediate short-term needs
- on a low household income or in receipt of one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Job Seekers Allowance
- Employment Support Allowance
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
What can be considered
- referrals to foodbanks
- provision and replacement of essential white goods and furniture
- support towards daily living costs
- support with utility bills
- support with rent arrears
- advice and signposting to relevant agencies
The fund will target people who
- Run their own business, and cannot currently trade or your business has been drastically reduced because of the pandemic.
- Your employment situation has changed, and your income no longer covers your essential needs.
- You have lost your job due to the COVID-19 outbreak.
- You can demonstrate that you do not have accessible capital from elsewhere such as savings
- You have not received financial assistance from another source for the same reason.
- Vulnerable residents with no recourse to public funds will be considered and applicants will be assessed on a case by case basis.
We may ask you to provide evidence to support your application such as bank statements, payslips, Universal Credit journal entries and any other evidence we might think necessary.
You will be contacted in response to your application within two working days.
For more information about short term financial help call (01226) 775577 or apply for assistance online.
How to apply
You can apply using our online form below.