We support people going through the asylum process and those with refugee status. This includes other forms of protection (eg discretionary leave) with advice, advocacy, signposting and referrals.
All advice is free and confidential.
Drop in sessions
Drop in to talk to us at the Refugee Council, 23 Queens Road, S71 1AN
- Mondays 10am to 1pm
- Tuesdays 1pm to 4pm
- Thursdays 10am to 1pm
We work with the Refugee Council to provide advocacy and support with:
- asylum issues
- welfare benefits
- ESOL - language support
- community development activities
- Asylum Help - part of the Migrant Help organisation. They provide free independent advice and help asylum seekers across the UK.
- Migration Yorkshire - working with national and local government, this website has lots of helpful information regarding migration or asylum.
- Welfare Rights - our Welfare Rights Service offers help to Barnsley residents with all aspects of claiming benefits.
- Citizens Advice - a free advice service about issues including debt, benefits and legal help.