The Resettlement Grant Scheme is available to low income households. It's for those who've signed up for a new tenancy within the Barnsley borough and need help in furnishing the property with essential items. The scheme is part of help being provided within the Household Support Fund and runs from 1st April 2023 to 31st March 2024. It will help you equip your home with essential household items.
Funding is limited and based on eligibility and evidence of needs. Each award will be made on a case by case basis.
Essential items could include:
- Fridge Freezer
- Beds and mattresses
- Cooker or microwave
- Washing machine
Who can apply
To be eligible for help you must:
- Have signed up for a new tenancy in the Barnsley area
- Have not received any previous essential items from the Household resettlement scheme
- Be aged 16 or over, have no one receiving child benefit for you and not be in full time education
- have a household income of less than £16,190 a year, or receive one of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit
- Jobseeker's Allowance (income based)
- Employment and Support Allowance (income based)
- Income Support
- Pension Credit
You'll need to provide proof of your signed tenancy before the claim can be considered. You may also be asked to provide proof of your income.
Apply for a grant
You can apply for a grant by filling in our online form.
If you need any help to complete the form, please contact us on (01226) 787787 and press option 3.
Reviewing our decision
If you're not happy with our decision you can ask us to look at it again. To do this you need to complete our online dispute form within 14 days of our decision date.
You'll need to provide further information and evidence to support your application.