If you're thinking about running a kennel, cattery, riding stable, pet shop, home boarding or dog breeding facility, you'll need to apply to us for a licence.
Before you apply, read about the standards and conditions that you'll have to meet before you can open any business involving animals.
- Home boarding/Dog day care (Residential)
- Dog day care (Commercial)
- Riding stables
- Dog breeding
- Pet Shops
Before we'll grant you a licence, we'll make an inspection of your premises, accompanied by a vet, to make sure they're fit for purpose and that you have suitable arrangements in place to meet the welfare needs of the animals.
Apply for a licence
Fill in the relevant application form from the list below and send it to Barnsley Council Animal Health Section, Regulatory Services, PO Box 634, Barnsley S70 9GG. Charges for individual licences are included below.
- Cattery/kennels licence application (£150)
- Home boarding/dog day care (residential) licence application (£104)
- Dog day care (commercial) licence application (£135)
- Riding stables licence application (£135 + vet inspection fee)
- Dog breeding licence application (£135 + vet inspection fee)
- Pet shop licence application (£127)
How to pay
You can pay by debit or credit card by calling (01226) 773743. Check our pay page to see which cards we accept.