Moving livestock licences

To reduce the risk of dangerous diseases, such as foot and mouth. It's vital that we keep a track of livestock. 

If you want to move cattle, pigs, sheep, goats or deer, you must apply for a general licence and comply with the conditions it sets out.

Before any movement, you must check the livestock for any signs of foot and mouth. If you do find any evidence of the disease, you must notify the Divisional Veterinary Manager of the local DEFRA Animal Health Divisional Office straight away.

Any licence to move the animals will be invalidated if foot and mouth is detected. You'll not be allowed to move any animals from your premises.

Apply for a licence

You can apply and find the right guidance, on the GOV.UK website using the links below: