You can use our online form to report discarded needles or syringes in public places.
Or call our customer services team on (01226) 773555.
If you report it between Monday and Friday, we’ll come on the same day to remove them.
If you see needles on private land tell the owner, as they’ll need to report it.
Don't handle discarded needles; if you do need to move them urgently because they're a danger to children:
- make sure you wear disposable gloves
- use tweezers to pick them up
- place the discarded needles in a glass bottle or jar
- put in a safe place locked away
- ask us to collect the bottle for disposal
Please note that we don't search houses or any other properties for needles or syringes.
Charges for businesses
There may be a charge for removing needles from private land or businesses. We’ll tell you more about this when you report the problem.