We have several community recycling banks across Barnsley where you can recycle glass and textiles.
Most sites are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If the site is in a residential area please be mindful of residents and recycle between 8am and 10pm.
You can recycle as many items as you wish as long as there's enough room in the containers. Please don't place extra bags of recyclable material at the side of the containers. This will make the site look untidy and can cause an obstruction.
You can no longer recycle paper at any of the borough's recycling banks. You can recycle paper using the kerbside recycling collection instead (blue bins).
Please take away any boxes or carrier bags you use to carry the recyclable materials to the banks. If there's a bin for these materials on site, please make use of it.
Recycling bank locations
- Asda, Barnsley
- Morrisons, Barnsley and Morrisons, Cortonwood Retail Park
- Spencers Arms, Cawthorne
- WMC car park, High street, Dodworth
- Tesco market place Penistone
- Co op car park, Royston
- Tesco car park, Stairfoot
- Alma street car park, Wombwell
- Worsbrough Bridge Sports and Development, Park Road