Many schools across Barnsley now run breakfast clubs, providing childcare for parents in work or training.
Children attending breakfast clubs benefit in a number of ways in terms of their health, school attendance and attainment.
- provide a healthy nutritious start to the day
- help children to be alert and ready to learn
- encourage children to mix with their friends
- improve attendance and performance throughout the day
- reassure parents that their child is safe when dropped off in the morning.
Most clubs start at 8am. They provide children with breakfast, a safe environment, and an opportunity to engage in a range of activities. There is a charge for this service, so please check with the provider as this can vary.
Get in touch if you need information on breakfast clubs run by schools and childcare providers in the private and voluntary sectors.
Get in touch
Call: 0800 0345 340
Write: Families Information Service, PO Box 679, Barnsley, S70 9JE
Helpline opening hours:
8.30am to 5.00pm Mondays and Wednesdays
8.30am to 6.00pm Tuesdays and Thursdays
8.30am to 4.30pm Fridays
There is an answer phone service in operation outside of these hours.