The Virtual School will support you in discharging your statutory duty in respect of education planning for children in care.
What we can do
- Offer you advice on individual cases.
- Attend LAC reviews, as required, to support decisions about a child's education.
- Offer you continuing professional development, via the social work forum.
- Ensure an education advocate attends team meetings.
- Develop resources to facilitate dialogue with children on aspirations and education matters.
if you're one of our social workers and you need advice about the education of a child in care, please email the education advocate in the first instance.