Barnsley Virtual School
The Virtual School will help you in discharging your statutory duty in respect of education planning for children in care.
What we can do
- Offer you advice on individual cases.
- Attend looked after child(LAC) reviews, as needed, to support decisions about a child's education.
- Offer you professional development, via the social work forum.
- Make sure an education advocate attends team meetings.
- Provide resources to create dialogue with children on ambitions and education matters.
if you're one of our social workers and you need advice about the education of a child in care, please email the education advocate in the first instance.