How to get the help you need

If you are, or have a child or young person with Special Educational Needs and / or Disabilities (SEND) you are entitled to educational support.

The local authority; Barnsley Council; and the NHS will work together, alongside you and your educational setting to ensure you get the support you need.

Browse the sections below to find further information about how your nursery, school or college can help you or your child.

Refer yourself or your child

Help with early years, schools and colleges

Find out how to get help with early years, primary and secondary schools, further or higher education, specialist schools, attendance, exclusions and school transport. 


Get help with early years, schools and colleges

Help with Education, Health and Care Plans

Find out more about Education, Health and Care Plans (EHCP)

Get help with EHCPs

Short breaks, social care and local authority support

Discover options for short breaks and social care and find out how the local authority; Barnsley Council; can help and support you.



Find out what support is available


Find out what support you can receive from the NHS.

Discover NHS support

Please leave us some feedback