These pages are for people working directly with children and their families in Barnsley.
The Barnsley Safeguarding Children Partnership supports a multi-agency approach to promoting better outcomes for children and young people and protecting them from harm and neglect.
These webpages give practitioners and professionals from all statutory, voluntary and community organisations access to important safeguarding information, guidance and resources including:
- policies and procedures
- guidance for visiting children
- information about the Barnsley Safeguarding Children Partnership
- child protection conference information
- safeguarding news and events
- safeguarding resources (local/regional/national)
- serious case reviews
- training opportunities
- proforma for school spreadsheet
- covid-19 guidance for schools
- find out more about private fostering
Children's Social Work Matters
Children's social workers across Yorkshire and Humber make a positive difference to the lives of hundreds of children, young people and their families in difficult circumstances everyday.
Children's Social Work Matters is a programme that aims to attract and support children's social workers and to improve social work practice across the Yorkshire and Humber region.
If you're a children's social worker, make sure you register with our local Children's Social Work Matters to stay up to date with social work news, connect with colleagues and get exclusive access to monthly webinars.