Healthier Futures has been developed by the children's Public Health team to support those working with children and young people enable the next generation of Barnsley to:
- enjoy a life of good physical and mental health
- thrive in their education and achieve their full potential
- feel connected and supported by their peers and mentors
- gain key life skills and experiences to support them in the future
About the project
There are three main parts to Healthier Futures:
- Resources for PSHE (personal, social, health education) and RSHE (relationships, sex and health education)
- Healthier Futures Accreditation Barnsley
- Let's Hear Your Voice survey
Healthier Futures Accreditation Barnsley
The Healthier Futures Accreditation Barnsley is designed in collaboration with Doncaster Council’s Healthy Learning Healthy Lives team, to support you to improve the health and wellbeing of children and families you work with.
You'll have access to an intuitive digital platform to upload your evidence to support your accreditation.
The award helps settings to use a holistic whole setting approach to children’s health and wellbeing.
Let's Hear Your Voice
This is a health and wellbeing survey covering a wide range of topics which will run every two years for children in years 4, 6, 8 and 10.
The information collected will help inform the development and commissioning of children’s services and will be used to support schools to identify areas of need for their pupils. This will allow a more tailored approach to PSHE and RSHE.