About the survey
Let's hear your voice is a health and lifestyle survey that aims to collect a range of data. It allows us and you to find out how to improve the health and wellbeing of children and young people in Barnsley. It can be used by you to:
- develop a whole setting approach to improve health and wellbeing
- inform policy and procedure
- develop bespoke PSHE and RSE curriculums based on pupil needs
- identify and build key partnerships with wider local services to support your pupils
There are three different surveys for pupils in:
- year 4
- year 6
- years 8, 10 and post-16
This ensures the questions are suitable for each age group. The surveys are also designed to keep the survey takers anonymous.
The surveys have been made with input from schools, young people and partners. They cover a variety of health and lifestyle topics, such as:
- emotional health and wellbeing
- food and drink
- oral health
- physical activity
- substance use (including alcohol, smoking and vaping)
- relationships and sexual health
Let’s hear your voice will run every two years. It will allow us to track a wide range of children and young people through their education. It will also offer detailed trend data on the range of topics.
Schools that are involved will have access to top level data via an online dashboard. This will help you to translate the data into real, tangible actions. It will provide evidence for Ofsted and the Healthier Futures Barnsley accreditation. The survey provides a borough-wide benchmarking tool that will also be used by us as well as local partners. It will inform targeted planning and help provide health and related services.
The latest let's hear your voice survey ran from 14 October to 9 December 2022. You can view the results on our 2022 survey dashboard.
- Parent/carer letter - including details on consent
- Staff presentation
- Facilitator guide
- Pupil presentation - primary
- Pupil presentation - secondary
For any queries please email: firstname.lastname@example.org