All councils are required by government to have a Schools Forum.
The Schools Forum acts as both a consultative and decision making body. Schools can put forward their views to the council on matters such as:
- the allocation and distribution of funding
- supplies and services
- arrangements for special educational needs
- the use of pupil referral units
- free school meals
- the funding of early years provision.
The Schools Forum is made up of people from schools and academies, as well as other non-school bodies. These could be nurseries and 14-19 education settings.
You can take a look at our Local Guide to the Barnsley Schools Forum which includes it's constitution and terms of reference. Also with more detail on how it aspires to discharge it's role and responsibility under the Schools Forum (England) Regulations (2012).
Meetings schedule 2021/22
Dates for the meetings of the School Forum during 2021/22 are as follows:
- Wednesday 20 January 2021 - 9.30am - agenda for 20 January 2021
- Friday 12 March 2021 - 9am - agenda for 12 March 2021
- Tuesday 13 July 2021 - 10am - agenda for 13 July 2021
- Thursday 21 October 2021 - 1pm - agenda for 21 October 2021
- Tuesday 14 December 2021 - 2pm - agenda 14 December 2021
- Thursday 27 January 2022 - 1pm - agenda 27 January 2022
- Thursday 17 March 2022 - 1pm - agenda 17 March 2022
- Tuesday 12 July 2022 - 2pm to 4pm (Westgate board room) - agenda 12 July 2022
- Thursday 20 October 2022 - 2pm to 4pm (Westgate board room) - agenda 20 October 2022
- Tuesday 13 December 2022 2pm to 4pm (Barnsley Town Hall reception rooms)
Meetings schedule 2022/23
Dates for the meetings of School Forum during 2022/23 are as follows:
- Thursday 26 January 2023 - 2pm to 4pm (Westgate board room)
- Thursday 16 March 2023 - 2pm to 4pm (Westgate board room)
Schools Forum members receive allowances for things like financial loss and travel. Full details can be found in the Guidance on Allowances for Schools Forum Members.
Scheme for financing schools
You can find details of our scheme for financing schools and section 251 statements on our schools finance webpage.