We work with the Refugee Council to help people seeking asylum and refugees with free support and advice. This includes people with other forms of protection, such as those with discretionary leave.
We run drop-in sessions where we can help you with:
- asylum issues
- welfare benefits
- health care
- language support
- community activities
You can drop-in to talk to us at the Refugee Council, Wellington House, 43 Market Street, Barnsley, S70 1WA on:
- Mondays - from 10am to 1pm
- Tuesdays- from 1pm to 4pm
- Thursdays - from 10am to 1pm
You can also call the Refugee Council on (01226) 320111.
Find out more about the Refugee Council in Barnsley.
- Asylum services - part of the Migrant Help charity. They provide free advice and help to asylum seekers across the UK.
- Migration Yorkshire - works with local councils across the region. This website has lots of helpful information about migration and asylum.
- Citizens Advice Barnsley - a free advice service that can help with issues such as debt, benefits, the law and your rights.