Hypnotism licences

All shows which involve hypnotism will need to be licensed. As well as this, the premises in which the performance is to be held needs to be licensed.

There are requirements under the Local Government (Miscellaneous Provisions) Act 1982 (in England and Wales) and the Hypnotism Act 1952. The premises in which you perform also needs to be licensed for regulated entertainment under the Licensing Act 2003.

If you wish to show or perform the act in public you need to get consent from us. For details relating to the granting of a stage hypnotism licence, please contact us.